History of St. Paul Lutheran School
St. Paul's heritage spans over 100 years with St. Paul Lutheran Church, Millington, Michigan being first dedicated on June 24, 1898 with 13 charter members. Their first confirmation followed on April 8, 1900 with 11 students. One can only imagine that the growth period of a congregation since that time was not only interesting, but filled with both times of peace and times of difficulty, including "growing pains", influenced by wars, the Great Depression, and other factors. St Paul's first formal school began on August 31, 1902 in a temporary location of a member's house with 10 students. The first formal school building was dedicated on April 1, 1905, outside of Millington, shortly followed by a second rural structure until the current St. Paul Lutheran School structure was built within the city limits next to the church and dedicated on June 30, 1949. Through these transitions, but mostly through God's blessings and faith, St. Paul Church and School has evolved as one family, with God at the helm. Thanks be to God!